New World Open BetaAdmin
New World Open Beta – New World Release Date
New World has been in close beta for quite some time, but, Amazon is finally ready for an official release. They even announced an open beta using Steam’s new playtest feature. Players in selected regions can request access to the game and play it for free. Amazon’s New World is one of the most anticipated MMO games in 2021. Let’s take a quick peek to see what it’s offering.
The game is set to officially launch on September 28. New World Open Beta will be available from September 9 to September 12 and interested players will be able to request Open Beta access from September 8 onwards.
Amazon is not introducing any subscription fees. As of now, you can buy the game for $40. Although there is an in-game store, it will mainly sell skins and other cosmetics.
How to play?
You can play New World like an open-world RPG and team up with other players to fight against monsters. Although there is a PvP territorial control feature, you can ignore it until you get a better understanding of the game.
If you want to fight against other players, you’ll have to join a faction to switch on your PvP flag. Getting killed in PvP costs equipment durability but offers bonus experience points.
Once you’re level 10, you can join one of three factions available in the whole world. Choose wisely because you can’t switch factions later. They are:
- Syndicate- Secretive society in search of enlightenment and investigating Aeternium’s past.
- Marauders- Military faction that wants to turn Aeternium into a free nation.
- Covenant- An order of fanatics, set on cleansing the lands of heretics.
New World also has four NPC factions each offering a unique flavor, such as:
- The Ancient- Ancient civilization of beings capable of harnessing the power of Azoth.
- The Corrupted- Infected by Aeternium’s corruption, the Corrupted takes over other factions.
- The Lost- Immortal and soulless ghouls roaming the planes.
- The Angry Earth- Aeternium’s nature that mimics humans and animals with the sole purpose of fighting off whatever it perceives as infecting the world.
Available game modes
You can choose from a number of different game modes to enjoy the game, such as:
- War Mode and Expeditions- MMO dungeons and explorations where you can team up with friends and explore the world of Aeternum. The game can supposedly hold up to 1000 players on a single server.
- Invasion- PVE mode supporting up to 50 players with the goal to defend waves of enemies. Failing to survive will downgrade your territory.
- Outpost rush- PVE mode supporting up to 20 players with the goal of capturing outposts and gathering resources.
The player-driven economy of New World is supposed to have two types of currencies, Azoth and New World Coins. Coins are supposed to be the main in-game currency that can be used to trade with other players at an Auction House. You can earn New World Coins from in-game activities or buy them from other third-party websites in case you don’t have enough time to play the game.
If you like faster-paced action-based MMORPGs then New World is surely your cup of tea. It offers everything you seek in any conventional MMO and given the hype it managed to create with the community, gamers are excited and earnestly waiting for the final release with their fingers crossed.